Time board to the history
1229 first documentary mentions of the city of Wismar
1257 transfer of the residence of prince Johann von Mecklenburg to Wismar (Wismar will close seat of power till 1358)
1259 Lübeck, Rostock and Wismar affiliation of Wismar to the Hanse begins a contract for the protection of her commercial ways It
1276 start of construction work of the town wall, contract with master builder Johann Grote about the completion of the choir and the construction of the Marien's church (about 1370 completion of the long house) owned
1339 later five town gates and 36 Wiekhäuser
1380 The name of the pirate Klaus Störtebecker beginning of the Highly Gothic new building in the choir dives in an urban court book on 1381 from Saint Nikolai (end in 1485-87 with the establishment of the upper tower floor)
1404 beginning of the Highly Gothic new building in the tower of Saint. Georgen (in 1478 end the construction work on the long house)
1524/25 introduction of the Reformation in Wismar in 1553/55 construction of the new house of the prince's court in the style of the Renaissance
1569 start of construction work of the Schabbellhauses in the pork bridge
1580 construction of the water art on the marketplace
1632 taking of the town by Swedish troops.
1648 The „town and rule Wismar“ falls by the conclusion of peace of Osnabrück in Sweden.
1653 The royal-Swedish tribunal is furnished as the uppermost court of law for all possessions of Sweden on German ground in the prince's court.
1675 siege by Danish, Brandenburg and imperial troops. Wismar capitulates.
1672 – in 1700 removal of Wismar to the biggest fortress of Europe with 18 bastions, 9 Ravelins and 2 strongholds as well as 700 cannons. The island whale fish receives a fort.
1690 construction of the provision house in the today's lime garden.
1700 construction of the armoury after the powder tower explosion (1699) Aprils 1716 Swedes must hand over the rule over Wismar during the northern war to the high northern allies.
1717 The fortress arrangements are dragged by request of the Danes. Strongholds, bastions and the tower on the island whale fish are sprinkled.
1757 conquest of Wismar by Prussian troops during the seven-year-old war 1803 in Malmö is pledged Wismar for 100 years to the Grand Duchy Mecklenburg.
1817 new building of the city hall till 1819 in the style of the classicism after collapse in 1807, 1881 Rudolph Karstadt opens a cloth business, manufacture business and clothes shop in Krämerstrasse
1893 for foundation of the Podeus'schen carriage construction factory
1903 The kingdom Sweden renounces at the end of 100 years the redemption of the security. Wismar is integrated finally to the dukedom Mecklenburg.
1906 construction of the street to Poel in 1908 foundation of the engineer's academy
1925 foundation of the Low German stage in Wismar
1941 foundation of the Hanse shipyard in the Koggenoor
1945 The Gothic quarter with Marien's church, Georgenkirche, old school and Archidiakonat is destroyed on the 14th/15th of April by 12. and the last air raid in the II.Weltkrieg
Plan of the town and fortress Wismar 1653
The end of the second world war 1945 in Wismar
On the 2nd of May, 1945 the war is in Wismar to an end. British-Canadian troops, from Gadebusch coming, take without a fight the town. They establish by height of the soldier's cemetery in the Rostock street a tollgate for the demarcation against the area conquered by Soviet troops. The Soviet troops reach, from Bützow-Warin pushing forward, on the same day the town and put near castle Kritzow her tollgate. The intervening area with the outskirts settlement Dargetzow remains, Niemandsland".
The British command has her seat (May / Juni1945) in the city hall
Canadian paratroopers have conquered Wismar without a fight,"
Summary of German prisoners of war with Bobitz on the 1st of May, 1945
Arrival of the British field marshal Montgomery on the Dornier airfield on the 7th of May, 1945 on the occasion of the meeting with the Soviet marshal Rokossowski
Program expiry of the meeting between marshal Montgomery and Rokossowski on the 7th of May, 1945 in Wismar.
Field marshal Montgomery examined the British guard of honour before the building in Dr. Unruh-Str. 7 where the meeting with marshal Rokossowski on the 7th of May, 1945 took place.
In the house Dr. Unruh- street 7 the commanders of the allies operating in North Germany, the marshals Montgomery and Rokossowski meet on the 7th of May, 1945.
Arrival of the Soviet marshal Rokossowski on the 7th of May, 1945.
The British major general E. I. Bols also took part in the meeting of both marshals.
Hit of allied officers on the 4th of May, 1945 in the Soviet checkpoint near castle Kritzow.
Meeting of allied front reporters on the 7th of May, 1945 in the Soviet checkpoint near castle Kritzow.
Soviet soldiers beside the jeep of the Canadian front reporter Richter on the 7th of May, 1945.
On the 12th of May, 1945 the victory parade took place for British and Canadian troops on the marketplace Wismar. Canadian paratroopers during the awake lift of the parade.
On the 12th of May, 1945 before the Reuterhaus: German onlookers of the British victory parade.
The victory parade took place under guidance of the Genaralmajor Bols. The rostrum stood compared with the facade of the hotel city of Hamburg. Soviet troops did not take part.
The Soviet command of Wismar with transparencies decorated on the 1st of May, 1946. Today in the building the police inspection is.